Beginning back in 2006, this draw has allowed us the ability to do so much for our community and our members, here are just a few examples of what we have been able to accomplish thanks to your support:
- Serving over 290,000 free healthy and nutritional breakfasts to date in our Canadian Tire Breakfast Program which is the first program of its kind on Prince Edward Island!
- Keep program fees low for parents and guardians while offering top quality programs and activities.
- Create and implement our own subsidy program to help deserving families in need by eliminating and financial barrier for their child(ren) and/or youth to register for any program they would like to be involved in. Additionally, this program allows us to help our community by providing donations to auctions, benefits, community fundraisers, etc.
- Provide over 40 structured programs annually, impacting over 4,000 families each year.
- Distribute over 30,000 free meals to families through our Project Backpack program.
- Complete Phase 1 of the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside facility costing $1.2 Million.
- Employ over 35 amazing permanent employees and 50 seaonal employees annually that work daily to serve the needs of our community’s children, youth and families.
- Build a $1.1 Million Consolidated Credit Union Youth Engagement Centre and offer programs such as the Canadian Women’s Foundation Girls Strong, RBC Raise the Grade, Youth Council, Trinity Bradshaw Music Studio, Kid Tech Nation, Youth Forums and opportunities for youth to travel across Canada to take part and speak out on behalf of youth, and Strengthening Families Program which our program is currently ranked best in Canada with regards to impact and outcomes!
- Offer multiple scholarships annually for our community’s youth and provide them with summer employment to gain experience and help develop a positive work experience.
Here’s how easy it is to play:
- It costs $2 to play per number each week. Simply go to one of the locations listed below and take a sticker (provided at each location), put it on your toonie (or two loonies) and write your assigned number on the sticker and place the sticker on the money and drop it in the box before the designated cut-off time (check with each location for their cut-off time or call our GoldRush Coordinator at 902-436-7874). That’s it! You are signed in for the week and if your number is drawn for the week from our drum, you win the total prize amount! You can have more than one number assigned to you in the draw!
- If your number is drawn and you did not sign in that week, it is deemed to be a “Non-Winner” and the prize amount is carried over to the following week’s draw.
- Tune in to 102.1 Spud FM Wednesdays at 12:30pm weekly to listen to the draw live. You can also find the weekly draw information by checking our Facebook page and our website at www.boysandgirlsclubofsummerside.com.
Where To Sign In:
|South Drive Express Ultramar||Credit Union Place (Sign in until Noon Wednesdays!) – Temporarily Not a Location|
|S & E Grocery||Centennial Kia Summerside (Sign in until Noon Wednesdays!)|
|Waugh’s Quick Mart||Centennial Nissan Summerside (Sign in until Noon Wednesdays!)|
|The RCAFA 200 Wing Summerside||Centennial Auto Sport & Tire Summerside (Sign in until Noon Wednesdays!)|
|Silver Fox Curling Club||Enman’s AVU|
|New Annan Irving||Elmsdale Esso|
|Ceretti’s Grocery||Mel’s North River Shell|
|Kinkora Irving||Harbourside Convenience (Miminegash)|
|Miscouche Convenience||Mel’s Petro-Canada (Kensington)|
|Miscouche Legion||Tignish Legion|
|Alberton Irving||***Don’t forget to check with the location for the cut-off time to sign in each week!***|